One week from today we will launch something brand new; something we’ve never done at The Gathering. As a matter of fact it is something I’ve never done since I’ve been in Nashville. And that is a sure-enough, stand-alone, get down, get real, verse-by-verse, open-your-Bible, make-it-happen, hair-back, full-throttle Bible study.
Most of what I’ve done with teaching on the weekends has been in series. This is where I’ve taken themes from the Scriptures and put them together, showing people how they apply. And that’s good, I love it, and my life has been transformed by giving the big picture. But sometimes you need to study the Bible as it’s written: verse by verse, line by line, precept upon precept. So that’s what we’re going to do. And where are we going to start? At the Book of Romans. Why, you may ask? Here are the top 10 reasons why you should sign up and show up at the Friday Morning Bible Study:
- You’ll learn. You’ll learn more than pieces and parts of the Scripture, but how they fit together. You’ll go to the next level in your understanding of how your faith fits together; past, present, and future. You’ll learn from the words of the Bible themselves; how they refer and reference each other in complete harmony.
- You’ll connect with other men and women who are hungry to take their faith to the next level. You’ll make connections with some people you’ve seen, but don’t know, and with people you’ve never seen, but need to know.
- You’ll understand how your faith fits together. Understanding the theology and the history of the Scripture is important as understanding dis-jointed verses and stringing them together.
- It will be a great discipline. We’re asking you to commit for 12 weeks; every Friday morning, 7:00 – 8:15. Which means you’re going to have to get up around 6:00, get ready, and get there, be in your seat with your Bible and note pad ready to go, as soon as we get started. It’s something you can commit to and form into a habit.
- It will help you obey the direct command of Scripture. The New Testament says, “study to show thyself approved, a workman that does not need to be ashamed but rightly dividing the word of truth.” This will help you be a student and know how to stand on your own as you discuss your faith with others.
- It will make you a seeker of truth, and God always rewards those who seek truth. He says, “the truth will set us free.” And the truth of the Book of Romans is like a graduate course in Christian theology written from a perspective we understand in a new, modern, growing city like Nashville.
- During the study of the Book of Romans, I guarantee you’ll get breakthroughs, insights that you’ve always wanted to have. Things that you’ve always wanted to know become clear as you begin to put the small pieces together in the big picture.
- It will help you make application of all the other things that you’ve learned about your faith in a more practical, step-by-step way.
- It will help you be a part of genuine community. What’s one part of genuine community? Smart, growing, independent people choosing to come together and gather around a common goal. This is where true community happens and where connections truly become deeper and more productive.
- I guarantee that starting your day, particularly on a Friday as you begin the weekend with God’s word fresh and alive in your heart and soul, your whole outlook and perspective for the weekend will be different.
This is my call to you. So many of you have asked me for this over the years, “When are we going to have a Bible study where we can go to the next level, go deeper into our faith?” Well, it’s here. Now the challenge is for you to sign up and to show up. So do it today. (just click here) Also be sure to invite others. You don’t have to be a part of The Gathering to enjoy the Friday morning Bible study habit. It will be a great time to meet new people. It will be a great time as God begins to take us deeper, farther, and higher together.