As I’ve said so many times, nobody marries a boring person not having fun, but most marriages end up that way. What started out as a dream of married bliss has turned into a long string of disappointments that feels more like hell than heaven. Here are five signs you’re in married hell:
5. You never talk except to argue.
4. You don’t have sex often. And when you do, it’s less meaningful each time.
3. You keep separate accounts for everything including money, time, and friends.
2. You’re having a hard time remembering why you got married in the first place. What did you see in this person that made you promise to live with them for the rest of your life?
1. The number one sign you’re in married hell is that you’re not on the same page. This means you’re not on the same page when it comes to money, relationships, the children, and the future. You’re living together in the same house alone.
When you’re going through married hell, what do you do? Here is my best advice: you don’t stop, you don’t give up, you don’t use the “D” word, you don’t threaten. Here’s what you do: you find a way to get back on the same page. You were there, at least potentially or theoretically when you got married.
The number one reason why people in America lose their marriages is not money, not even adultery; it’s living a life together, alone, separate, and not on the same page.
Now is a good time to sign up for the “Making Marriage Fun Again” live event on Friday, April 30th.